* This is a performing edition aimed at helping the pianist perform ragtime music in a stylistically appropriate manner.
* All of the pieces involve Scott Joplin, the greatest writer of rags, either as composer or as composer-collaborator.
* This outstanding collection of classic Joplin rags includes a concise guide to ragtime history, style and interpretation, plus a reprint of Scott Joplin's definitive document entitled School of Ragtime.
* The rags range in difficulty from intermediate to moderately difficult.
* This is an Alfred "At The Piano" edition.
Edited by Maurice Hinson
Please see table of contents for selections.
* The Strenuous Life -- A Ragtime Two-Step
* Rag-Time Dance -- A Stop-Time Two-Step
* Maple Leaf Rag
* The Easy Winners -- A Ragtime Two-Step
* The Chrysanthemum -- An Afro-American Intermezzo
* The Cascades -- A Rag
* The Entertainer -- A Ragtime Two-Step
* Swipesy -- Cakewalk
* Heliotrope Bouquet -- A Slow Drag Two-Step
* Solace -- A Mexican Serenade
* Sun Flower Slow Drag -- Ragtime Two-Step