* Chosen from the early 14th century to the present.
* Edited from the original sources.
* Special care has been taken to choose tuneful and pleasing selections that will motivate the student and provide a valuable and interesting study in the varying styles of music over a period of more than 600 years.
* These pieces are included not only because of their unquestioned historical interest and educational value, but also because they are a delight to play.
Edited by Willard A. Palmer
Please see table of contents for selections.
Table of Contents
* Go No More A-Rushing - Traditional
* Sonatina in C Major - Theodore Latour
* Soldier's March - Robert Schumann
* Tallis' Canon - Thomas Tallis
* Hungarian Song - Béla Bartók
* Menuet from Anna Magdalena's Notebook
* Summer is Icumen In - Anonymous
* Sonatina in G Major - Ludwig van Beethoven
* Waltz - Anton Diabelli
* Bagatelle - Robert Schumann
* March - Dmitri Shostakovich
* Menuet en Rondeau - Jean-Philippe Rameau
* Prelude in B Minor - Alexander Morovsky
* Old English Air - Anonymous
* The Bear - Vladimir Rebikoff
* Funny Event - Dmitri Kabalevsky
* Menuet - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
* Sadness - Daniel Gottlob Türk
* Happiness - Daniel Gottlob Türk
* Canon - K. M. Kunz
* Menuet - Leopold Mozart
* Air from Anna Magdalena's Notebook
* Sonatina in C Major - Albert Biehl