Basic Concepts In Improvisation
Volume 2 - Bass Patterns And Progressions
* Explores lead lines, chord symbols, progressions and inversions, plus many other techniques needed to form a solid base for improvisation.
* The IMPROV books are designed for the piano student who wants to know more about improvising and the music of his own era.
* These books do not pretend to instruct the advanced jazz or popular pianist.
* They are written with the hope that they will serve as departure points, "jumping off spots" to get you started in this marvelously creative art.
* Each IMPROV book abounds in original compositions that are improvisational in nature.
* Covers various bass patterns, breaks and fills, introductions, and also contains a valuable reference section.